Millions of seniors in the U.S. rely on Medicare, the country’s national health insurance program. As of late 2019, more than 61 million people were enrolled in Medicare health plans, and that number has been rising each year.
Number of Medicare Enrollees by Year
2017: 58.4 million
2018: 59.1 million
2019: 61 million
Source: Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
With millions of people using these benefits and tens of thousands of providers delivering health care service under Medicare, navigating the program’s benefits can be complex.
This resource will help seniors and their loved ones understand what Medicare is and provide some basics about how the various aspects of the program work, such as whether Medicare will cover senior care services like an assisted living community or home health care. The following information is included in the resource document:
- Medicare Eligibility and Enrollment: The Basics
- The ABCs (and Ds) of Medicare
- Medicare Coverage of Residential Senior Care
- Medicare Coverage of In-Home Care
- Medicare Coverage of Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Facility Care
- Advance Care Planning Under Medicare
- More Information about Medicare and Medicare Advantage
Use the following link to access the Care.com Medicare Guide: LINK: https://www.caring.com/medicare/