Nursing Home Compare has detailed information about every Medicare- Opens in a new window and Medicaid- Opens in a new window-certified nursing home in the country. A nursing home is a place for people who can’t be cared for at home and need 24-hour nursing care.
See below to find nursing homes based on a location and compare the quality of care they provide and their staffing.
Click on link below to access the web site to find quality ratings of Nursing Homes:
- See what’s new with Nursing Home CompareOpens in a new window.
- View swing bed performance on Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) measuresOpens in a new window.
- Use these helpful resources when looking for a nursing home:
Tools and Tips
- First time here?
- Learn about Medicare coverage of skilled nursing facility care, and swing bed services.- Opens in a new window
- Get help filing a nursing home complaint:
- Find and compare other healthcare providers like doctors, hospitals, dialysis centers, and more.- Opens in a new window
- Nursing Home Compare data last updated: May 29, 2019 (data are updated on or about the fourth Wednesday of the month).
- Download the database- Opens in a new window
- Learn how we calculate ratings- Opens in a new window
- View Long Term Care (LTC) Facility Staffing Payroll-Based Journal (PBJ) data- Opens in a new window
- View Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) program dataOpens in a new window
- For nursing homes: Update your address, phone number and other administrative data.- Opens in a new window
- View providers and suppliers that are terminated or are at risk for termination from Medicare.